Basic Information:

Criminal Citation (eg:  Driving with License Suspended 1, 2, or 3, Assault, Theft, Driving Under the Influence, etc.)

If you receive a criminal citation your appearance is MANDATORY.

If you receive a criminal citation from a police officer or in the mail from the Court you have been charged with a crime.  You must appear for your arraignment date located on the citation or hearing notice.  Failure to appear may result in a warrant for your arrest and the suspension of your driver's license.

Traffic and other Civil Infractions (eg:  Speeding, Driving without Insurance, Defective Equipment, Animal or Noise Complaints, etc.)

If you receive an infraction, YOU MUST RESPOND 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE ISSUED OR 33 DAYS FROM THE DATE THE NOTICE IS MAILED.  Response includes paying the fine indicated on the citation, requesting a payment plan that will require evidence of your inability to pay in full, or requesting a hearing. 


MITIGATION HEARING:  You admit that you committed the offense but wish to ask the judge for a deferred finding, time to pay, or reduction based on reparation.  With this hearing type, you may opt for a hearing my mail. If you choose this method your appearance will NOT be required.  The judge will review your submitted statement on your assigned hearing date and the finding will be mailed to you thereafter.

CONTESTED HEARING:  You believe you did NOT commit the offense and wish to explain the circumstances.


Failure to Respond/Failure to Appear

If you fail to respond to the infraction or fail to appear for your infraction hearing a $52 fee may be assessed in addition to the fine amount, the charge will be found committed, and may result in the suspension of your driver's license.  Unpaid balances may be sent to collections.

In these cases you must either pay the original amount plus the default penalty charge or you may request a show cause hearing.  Contact the Court for more information. 

Dismissible Infractions

If you receive an infraction for the following violations and can provide necessary proof, the charge may be dismissed at the court office without a hearing and for a reduced fee:

Driving without insurance:  Bring your insurance card to the court office that shows your insurance was effective on the vehicle for the violation date.  $25 cost.

Expired Registration/Tabs:  Bring your current proof of registration to the court office within 30 days of the violation date.  $75 cost. 

How to Quash a Warrant

If a warrant has been issued for your arrest, you may appear at the court office, complete a Motion to Quash Bench Warrant form, and pay a $50 warrant quash fee.  You will be given a court date to request your bench warrant be quashed.  The judge is the only one with authority to quash a warrant.  The warrant remains outstanding until you see the judge. 

Making a Payment

In person:  You are welcome to visit the court office during business hours to make a payment. Available forms of payment include:  cash, check, money order, debit and credit card.

By mail:  Please make checks and money orders payable to Buckley Municipal Court and indicate defendant's name and case number on the memo line.  The mailing address for the court is:

PO BOX 1452
BUCKLEY, WA  98321

By phone:  Debit and credit cards are accepted over the phone during business hours by calling (360) 829-2118

Drop box:  For after hours payment you may drop off your check or money order in our drop box located at the rear entrance of the building.  Be sure to indicate your name and case number on your payment.


Collection Agency:  If your case has been sent to our collection agency, AllianceOne, you must contact them directly regarding payment.  They can be reached at (800)456-8838